Friday, October 15, 2010

Purse-enly Yours

 So I've been a little MIA lately.  I was in Cincinnati last week to support the Reds in the playoffs against the Philadelphia Phillies.  What an experience!!!!!  There are some SERIOUS fans, and I'm not saying that lightly.  The first two games were in Philly and one in Cincinnati.  We only played 3 due to being swept.  I must say that I am glad that our season is over but I just wanted to win 1 game against the Phillies.  The Reds will bounce back and we will be in the playoffs again next season.  ANYWAY..........

I have been making cards and gift sets to sell a local specialty store "LisaLisa's Gift Closet."  I went the other day to see how my cards were selling.  I am so excited....they are selling and I need to make more.  I will be concentrating on gift sets like this one. 




As a demonstrator, I am able to look for ideas from other demonstrators and Becky Roberts is one of them.  Becky sells the purse templates on her website.  This purse is really easy to make.  Becky's instructions are wonderful.  You can design the purse any way you want.  The purse can hold 4-6 standard (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) cards and envelopes.  I thought about putting little gift cards and envelopes in the pocket.  I used the Lap of Luxury DSP as the backdrop for the purse and the cards.  I stamped some of the images from the Growing Green stamp set and watercolored them.  I love being able to use the watercolor crayons or pencils and my blender pen to watercolor the images.  As you can see, the fine lined images work best for watercoloring.  Instead of using our watercolor paper I used the other side of a piece of shimmery cardstock.  You will need to use a heavier piece of cardstock or watercolor paper so when you are blending the color, the paper will not ball up.  I have posted the cards that will be in the purse.  You can click on each picture to get a closer look.   

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is adorable, Beth! And you can come and babysit the Boxer twins any time! lol

Terry said...

Great projects on your blog. I'm now following you from SC.

Terry #250
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

LOVE that purse! Oh my word - it's sooo cute! tfs