Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pals Paper Art Challlenge-PPA 44



This is the first time that I have entered this challenge and I am really excited to show you my card.....
This is the sketch for the sketchy challenge...check it out on Pals Paper ArtMargaret Moody designed the sketch and I thought I could do this.   I started on a card last night to thank my awesome friend and fellow demonstrator for helping me with the revamping of my craft room.
I am really excited with how the card turned out....I am not the creative type but I thought having a sketch to get me inspired would be helpful.  I am so excited about a few of the colors coming back in the new color renovation....tangerine tango, riding hood red and pink pirouhette.  I wanted to show off these colors by using the baby wipe technique.  To make the background, I took a baby wipe and put it in a foil pan.  I dropped a few drops of each color by using the reinkers and then took the flower stamp from the elements of style stamp set that is featured in the summer mini catalog. You use the baby wipe just like a stamp pad and stamp the image onto it then stamp onto the paper.  Click on the card to get a better view.....the picture doesn't do it justice. 
I then ran the paper through the square lattice embossing folder, again featured in the summer mini catalog.  I distressed the sides with the distressing tool to give it a softer look. 
On the second layer of the card, I cut a piece of the new presto patterns specialty DSP and sponged the 3 colors to bring out the pattern....isn't it soooo cool?  Again, the picture doesn't do it justice....it's layered with pink pirouhette paper, put some organza ribbon around it and then added the sentiment with the tiny tags clear stamp set.  I used the butterfly embosslit to create the butterflies....love it!!!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

No comments: