Saturday, May 22, 2010

Creating your own designer paper

I got this idea from Gretchen Barron's blog...I love her ideas.  I had made this card a while ago and loved it.  The stamp set is Vintage Vogue 118589...I am loving the new clear stamps.  They are easy to see where you are stamping and they are a little less than the wood stamps in price.  I used cameo coral and so saffron ink colors and paper.  The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and is punched withthe wide oval punch.  I stamped randomly on whisper white with the flowers and vine from vintage vogue.  The border around the "thinking of you" is a strip of 1"x12" so saffron. You want to break down the fibers in the paper so use your desk or bone folder and rub the paper against it to soften the paper up. I used the scallop trim punch to give it the edge and then ran the strip through my crimper. To mount the border around I added sticky strip  around the back of the piece of oval paper and then folded the strip around the back around the oval.  Gretchen Barron has a great tutorial on this technique as well.  Don't you love that you can go to other blogs for ideas?  Thanks Gretchen.  I added another strip of so saffron using the scallop twin punch.  I used pink satin ribbon to make the card come together.  The beauty of the ribbon is that I did a "faux bow"....I wrapped the ribbon around the cameo coral card base and then ame a bow and used a pop up glue dot to secure it to the card.  If you would like to order and of the products to make this card just click on the button to go to my SU! site...Enjoy!!


No comments: