Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's the Little Things....

I had an idea in mind for an upcoming project I'm working on for the next UStamp with Dawn and Friends and wanted to use a lined stamp set....I decided on the "Going Green" stamp set.  I watercolored the flowers using the SU! colored pencils and then used the blender pen to bring out the color.  I really like how they turned out.  The key to watercoloring with the pencils is the darker you color in the better the blending pen will work.  I found using a circular motion helps bring the color throughout the image without having to color the whole image in...does that make sense?  Here is a close up of the flowers so you can see the watercoloring effect.  When I cut out the flowers I made sure that I left a little white around the edges to give the flowers more depth. 

 I love this new tulip framed embossing folder....my friend Shalae has an awesome tutorial video on how to use this folder in the big shot...click here to check it out....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Watercolor is by fair my favorite technique. Following you from SC. I'm #380. Happy Stamping! cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com

Julie DiMatteo said...

Beth! This card is beautiful! I love the effect of using the blender pen on the colored pencils - great idea. Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! For the watercoloring, I actually used an Aqua Painter after I used the markers. It was much easier to do in my opinion than using ink from my ink pads. I felt like I could control the shading more using markers.

Carrie Sampsel said...

Beth what a beautiful card. I love the flowers and the colors are so bright and cheerful!! TFS.
www.carriesscrapyard.com

Lynn said...

Beth, had to stop by and say HOW ABOUT THOSE REDS!!!!!! What a way to start the season!!

Jennifer said...

So pretty! I love the colors. Following from SC#372
http://www.jenstamper.blogspot.com