Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fabric Is Here!!!!

I was so excited when I opened up the holiday mini catalog that SU! was carrying FABRIC....you heard it right....there are two different design palates that you can choose from.  The fabric shown in this card is from the "candy cane christmas."   The other design offered is "deck the halls."   There are some great perks to using fabric....when you receive the fabric you will get 3 fat quarters pieces measuring 28" x 18".  I'm sure you are wondering what a "fat quarter" is because I had to ask the same question.  When you go to get samples of fabric at a fabric store, you get a square piece that measures smaller than what SU! is offering (my mind is escaping the size).  Anyway, you can get alot out of a piece of fabric that measures 28"x 18".  I tried the fabric while I was at convention and it works beautifully in the big shot. 
This ornament was made with the top note die.  This picture doesn't do it justice but it is really easy to do.  I layered 8 pieces of the fabric on top of the top note die and they ran through great.  *****A great suggestion I found was to put a piece of cardstock on top of the cutting pad and it gives the fabric a nice, clean cut.  As you can see from the first picture, the fabric is not just for the holidays....the fabric can be used year round.  I love that I will be able to make cards using fabric...fabric opens up a whole new world for us!!!  Go onto the SU! website and watch a video by Sara Douglass, Shelli's daughter, on how to use the fabric for all your projects.
 

No comments: