Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finally off to Convention!!!!!

I'm so excited to be finally off to convention in Salt Lake City....
I haven't posted in a while...was on vacation for a week and then trying to get all my swaps ready for convention....swapping is a big deal in the card making world....I love getting other ideas from other demonstrators...I hope to come back with over 60 new cards (that's how many I will be swapping). 


Here is one of the cards that I will be swapping...I really like how this card turned out.  The technique is called embossed resist.  I started with a piece of whisper white cardstock and stamped the hydragnea image with versamark then classic regal rose.  The stem and petals were stamped with versamark and classic old olive as well.  I cover the flower with clear embossing powder and used the heat gun to set the powder.  I then took pink pirouette and sponged it all over the cardstock.  I used a piece of scrap paper to cover the flower image and then stamps with versamark the vine image from the vintage vogue stamp set.  Once I heat embossed with clear embossing powder, I took one of our new colors crumb cake (formally known as kraft) and sponged around the edge of the card.  For a vintage look I distressed the edges and again sponged with the crumb cake ink.  The "thank you" come from the Believe in you stamp set (new and as a hostess stamp set). I inked it up with crumb cake and punched it out with the modern label punch.  Added dimensions to the back of the sentiment to give it some umph!!!!  The ribbon is new as well, it is very vanilla grosgrain.  I love the WOW factor of this card just by embossing the images in clear embossing powder and then having them "pop" by just sponging with other colors. 

Stay tuned for the upcoming week as I will be posting news and pictures from convention!!!!

No comments: