Friday, June 4, 2010

Cajun Craze Stencil



 I wanted to showcase one of the new colors that is in the regals collection.  The color is called Cajun Craze.  I really like the color.   The sneak peak came out June 1st for demonstrators and I was so excited to start ordering from the new catalog.  Of course I had to overnight my order so I could see the new catalog....we received the catalog FREE with our order.  That's just one of the perks of being a demonstrator (he..he).   I also just got the folk flowers which is part of the decor stencils Stampin' Up! has to offer.  This card was very easy to make.   I used a piece of cajun craze card stock for the base.  With a sponge dauber, I sponged cajun craze classic ink on a piece of very vanilla cardstock.  I distressed the edges with the distresser tool to soften the look of the card.   I then took an old olive marker and used the spritzer tool to add some depth to the card as well.   The new ribbon that is being offered is beautiful.  I used the 1/8" taffeta ribbon in daffodil delight and wrapped it around the card.  What I love about the ribbon is the white border on it.  I took a very vanilla jumbo brad and cut off the clasps in the back with my rubber scissors (they're just not for cutting rubber anymore).  I stamped a flower from the itty bitty bits stamp set and punched it out with the itty bitty circle punch and attached it to the brad.  The sentiment is from the tiny tags stamp set and punched it out with the tiny tag punch.  The inside of the card was again sponged with cajun craze with part of the stencil  on very vanilla cardstock and the edges were distressed.  I will continue to post cards highlighting the new sneak peak items that  were offered to the demonstrators.  Hope you enjoy the card and let me know if you have any questions about what I used and how I made the card.  Enjoy!!!!!
 
 

No comments: