Thursday, July 7, 2011

Get Ready for UStamp for the Holidays and Fabulous Florets!!!!

Get ready for another UStamp event....I (heart) the Holidays!!...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas 2011!!!!  This event will feature projects using stamp sets from the new Idea Book and Catalog....I am so excited!!!!  I came up with this great idea that will allow you to feature the Christmas cards you receive.  The event will go live in August....click below to join....






I was playing around with the fabulous florets stamp set and really like how this card turned out.  The base of the card is calypso coral which is one of the new in colors and I ran it through the big shot with the finial press impressions folder.   The whisper white top note is stamped with the leaf image in lucky limeade which was stamped off to give depth to the card. I took champagne mist shimmer paint with saran wrap and smooched it all over the top note to give it a "faux pearl" look.  The floral images were stamped on whisper white with versamark and then embossed with black embossing powder.  I then watercolored the flowers with calypso coral and pink pirouhette reinkers and an aquapainter.  I cut them out with paper snips and used dimensionals to add them to the top note.  You can click on the picture to get a closer look.  The picture doesn't do the card justice...it looks much better in person.  

This card was going to be one of my swaps for convention but I decided last week that I needed to have surgery to remove my plate and screws out of my ankle.  Since my surgery in January I have been having a lot of issues with pain and was told by the doctor that taking out the hardware would probably help lessen the pain.  I had the surgery yesterday and it will be 6 weeks before I am back to walking normal again.  I am really sad that I will be missing convention but my health is more important.  For those of you who are going out to convention, PLEASE take lots of pictures!!!!! 


2 comments:

kay said...

What a beautiful card! The colors are just perfect for the stamp Great Balance! Thanks for sharing and leaving a sweet comment in my blog. Have a nice day!

Elaine U. said...

Beautiful card! This set never disappoints!
I found your blog through SC. :)
http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/