Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Challenge with The Paper Players

One of the blogsites I love is The Paper Players .  They have a challenge every week and this week it's Christmas.  You can never have enough christmas card ideas and they give you a whole week to play.  I have been making cards to sell at a local store.  I have been loving the bells and boughs stamp set in the occasional mini.   Vintage seems to be in this year and I love the way this card came together.  I have been sticking with cherry cobbler and always artichoke.....these two colors look awesome together.  I started with a piece of cherry cobbler as my base. I added a piece of always artichoke to enhance the whisper white which is stamped the sentiment in cherry cobbler and the holly stamped in always artichoke.  I then used a cherry cobbler pen to color in the berries.  The ornament is from the contempo christmas stamp set  in cherry cobbler and punched out with the ornament punch.  I then took some dimensionals to pop up the ornament.  I have also love the new seam binding ribbon.  It is so easy to work with.  All the stamp sets and ribbon can be ordered from the occasional mini.  I am going to post my card on the paper players website....go check it out.     Happy Stamping!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Beth, this is beautiful! Cherry Cobbler is one of my favorite, favorite colors..and I love it paired up with the ribbon!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Beth! I love this vintage look! I wish you lived closer...we would have a blast stamping!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is beautiful, Beth! I love the gorgeous colors (You can never go wrong when Cherry Cobbler is involved, haha)! Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

jaydee said...

Beth, I love this card. it really is so pretty. There's a vintage feel, but it is still crisp and contemporary. Fabulous!
BTW... I LOVE the card you created for your parents in MDS... that is phenomenal!
Thank you for sharing your talent with the Paper Players
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done!!! That sentiment is one of my favorites! And Cherry Cobbler is too!